What makes the South West so attractive?
The South West region of Western Australia has a diverse
economy, established infrastructure and an enviable lifestyle. This
makes it an ideal place to live and do business.
There are many reasons why people choose to do business here. The region's comparative advantages include:
- Favourable location − close proximity to Perth and the highly efficient port of Bunbury.
- Well-established supporting infrastructure, including water, power, gas, telecommunications, road, rail and port facilities.
- Rapidly growing population.
- Highly skilled workforce.
- An abundance of natural resources, including significant coal and gas reserves.
- Suitable light and heavy industrial parks.
- High quality regional capability to service industry.
- Excellent living standards and lifestyle opportunities.
- Low cost housing, land and labour costs.