Trade and Investment
Whether it is waves and wine in Margaret River or timber and truffles in Manjimup, the South West region has much to offer the world.
To make the most of these trade and investment opportunities, the South West Development Commission has a dedicated TradeStart officer and plays a key role in the Bunbury-Jiaxing Business Office.
Through its TradeStart program, the South West Development Commission offers help to small and medium-sized enterprises wishing to expand or to commence exporting.
As well as providing advice and linking businesses with global market opportunities, the Commission promotes businesses and products at regular international events, and organises and hosts delegations of visiting investors.
To contact the TradeStart office at the South West Development Commission phone (08) 9792 2000 or email email@example.com.
Invest in the South West
Are you looking to invest in the dynamic and thriving South West region?
Whether it is a tourism development or agricultural venture you are interested in, the South West Development Commission can provide an overview of investment opportunities in the South West region.
About the South West
- Over the past five years the South West's average annual growth rate was 2.1 per cent.
Regional economic powerhouse
- The South West has the largest economy in regional Western Australia.
- Gross regional product was $17 billion during 2013/14.
- Economic product per capita is $95,000.
- The region derives most of its wealth from healthy mining, construction and manufacturing sectors.
- Situated in the picturesque south-west corner of Australia.
- The region has a good transport networks, including the dual carriageway from Perth to Bunbury, passenger rail and coach services.
- The port city of Bunbury, about 1.5 hours drive from Perth, is the South West's commercial hub.
- Smaller townships can be founds throughout the region's 12 local government areas.
Why invest here
- Why the South West of WA
- Strong economic growth
- Quality lifestyle
- Supporting business growth
There is international demand for investment opportunities within the South West region.
Agriculture, clean energy, wine, tourism (including hotel and resort accommodation) and education are all areas in the South West that feature investment opportunities.
Other industries in the South West open to support from overseas investors are creative, entertainment and service sectors, IT and innovative technology, resources and minerals, and health and wellbeing.
Find out more about investment opportunities.
Marron grown in the South West of Western Australia is distributed interstate and overseas. SWDC uses its worldwide connections to promote South West product and businesses.